Let's draw a pattern
Press Symmetry button to select a symmetry group, then choose a drawing Object. Inside the repeating unit (unit cell) delimited by two pairs of black parallel lines, you will see a blinking object which you can displace. Move the object with your finger and observe the effect of symmetry by replicating the object. The blinking object is always attached to your finger irrespective of its location. Some of the objects are available in multiple colors. Press Mode button to make the object leaving a trace. Select another object to paint it over.
There is more than one way to draw new patterns: you may switch the modes in the Options
- in Gravity mode the active object will slide down when the iPhone is inclined.
- in Shake mode shake the iPhone to produce a new pattern with three random objects replicated by pre-selected symmetry, like in kaleidoscope.
Help topics (in Mode) and blue buttons in the group list will help you to learn more about symmetry elements, asymmetric units (red area) and multiplicity.
Do not forget to submit your best creations to our Web Gallery! Pressing the Share button will make you choose between sending picture to the our gallery or e-mailing it to your best friends.
symmetry - Symmetry
- Choose new object - Object
- Move or Draw - Mode
the object - Manually (finger) / by Gravity* / by Shake*
- Switch movement type - Options -> Drawing mode
- Gravity mode - Incline iPhone to make object slide
- Shake mode - New pattern when shaking
More / Start new pattern
- Email you pict -
Share -> via Email